This firm was first established in India by late Mr. W.J.Alcock in 1920 after the end of First World War. Mr. Alcock was the most eminent Industrial, Explosive and Chemical engineer sent out by the British Home office to India.
He set up most of the sugar factories, paper mills and explosives factories in India during the period 1920-41. He died in Calcutta in July 1941.
Since then Major Alcock retired from the company in 1947 after India attained independence.