This firm was first established in India by late Mr. W.J.Alcock in 1920 after the end of First World War. Mr. Alcock was the most eminent Industrial, Explosive and Chemical engineer sent out by the British Home office to India.
He set up most of the sugar factories, paper mills and explosives factories in India during the period 1920-41. He died in Calcutta in July 1941.
Mr. S.N.Mukerji, MSc, FIQA (London), FIETE who had a special training in Instrumentation and Telecommunication, in partnership with Major Ronald Alcock (son of late W.J.Alcock) took over the parts from Administer General Bengal on 19th February, 1942.
There were many engineering lines of overseas manufacturers in addition to the engineering consultant line. Mr. Mukerji, in collaboration with a panel of eminent engineers and scientists looked after the agency and consulting engineers business while Major Alcock worked with the Engineer in Chiefs office GHQ, New Delhi during the Second World War.
In April 1947, after Major Alcock was demobed from the army, the company was reformed as a private limited company with Mr. S.N.Mukerji and Major Alcock as joint Governing Directors and two brothers of Mr. Mukerji as other directors.
Since then Major Alcock retired from the company in 1947 after India attained independence.
In 1962 the company started manufacturing Electric and Oil Fired Furnaces and Controls and precision electrical/electronic and scientific instruments as a small scale manufacturing unit, for the first time in India, a Govt. Industrial estate in Dasnagar, Howrah.
In 1971, Mr. Arunava Mukerji, (MSc, MIE, MIETE) son of Mr.S.N.Mukerji joined the company in the capacity of Technical director. After the demise of Mr. S.N.Mukerji in 1989, he took over as the Governing Director of the company.